Yield: 5 servings
4 oz Thai rice noodles
½ cup tahini
3 Tbsp tamari
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp maple syrup
¼ tsp cayenne
⅓ cup water
¼ hothouse cucumber (a 4 inch piece of a hothouse), ⅛ inch fine long slivers
½ yellow bell pepper, ⅛ inch fine long slivers
½ cup green beans, ¼ inch slant cut
½ cup scallions, ¼ inch slant cut
½ tsp crushed red pepper
- Boil rice noodles for about 3 minutes (or follow instructions on the package of your noodles of choice.)
- Once boiled, drain through a colander and set aside to let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Place in the fridge for another 20 minutes.
- While the noodles are cooling cut the cucumbers, yellow bell peppers, green beans and scallions.
- Set vegetables aside.
- Place tahini, tamari, garlic powder, maple syrup, cayenne and water in a blender and mix.
- Remove the noodles from the fridge.
- In a deep bowl, place the noodles and veggies and mix until evenly distributed. Using your hand is great, especially for thin noodles.
- Begin to slowly pour in tahini sauce and mix in gently with a wooden spoon or spatula until evenly distributed throughout the salad.
- Garnish with crushed red pepper.
Copyright © 2018 Green Beat Life, LLC. All rights reserved.