I named my business Green Beat Life with a nod to eating greens for a healthy heart and a healthy planet, so this smoothie raises a glass to that. Lots of nutrients from green here!
- Kiwi: Loaded with vitamin C, serves as an anti-oxidant and key nutrient for a healthy immune system.
- Spinach: A good source of vitamin K, aiding heart and bone health; vitamin A, an anti-oxidant; magnesium, iron and plant protein. Vitamin C with iron present increases iron absorption and there is plenty of C in this smoothie.
- Kale: A cholesterol lowering plant, high in vitamin K, A and C. A great anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- Chlorella: A detoxifying superfood bursting with chlorophyl, that green pigment in plants known for its healing properties.
I've always wrestled between too grassy or too sweet when building a green smoothie. This one offers a perfect balance. Give it a try!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Blending time: 1-2 minutes
1 cup coconut water
1 cup coconut 'yogurt', plain, unsweetened
½ - 1 cup chopped kale
8-10 spinach leaves
1 Tbsp. golden raisins
1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
6 chlorella tablets
- Use a date instead of raisins.
- Add a protein powder, but beware of added sugars.
- Use spirulina instead of chlorella.
- Other green options: dandelion greens; collards or parsley.
- Soak raisins for 5-7 minutes.
- Chop all ingredients accordingly.
- Blend until smooth in blender.