Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: 4 cups
2-3 inch chunk of fresh ginger root
5 cups of water
- Peel ginger with a peeler or paring knife.
- Cut the chunk into ¼ inch slices or grate.
- Place water and ginger in a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and allow tea to simmer for 25-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately or let it cool and store in the fridge for reheating.
If you have a juicer and want to make a batch of ginger juice, you can store it and add it to hot water when you want the tea. If you are juicing the ginger and it's organic, give it a wash and light scrub, and skip the step of peeling it.