Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
2 ½ cups shelled edamame (one 12 oz. package of frozen
1 ¼ tsp olive oil, divided
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp smoked paprika, divided
¼- ½ cup of water
½ tsp salt, to taste
1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Boil the edamame until tender and easy to bite.
- Remove and drain in a colander. Rinse with cold water so the edamame cools down. Allow it to cool for another 10 minutes.
- Place the edamame, 1 tsp olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, ¼ tsp paprika, water and salt in a food processor.
- When adding salt, to taste, keep in mind chips and crackers are often salted and will increase the saltiness of the dip when eaten together.
- Pulse the ingredients until smooth. (Different food processors may need more/less water for optimal motion and desired consistency. Adjust accordingly.)
- Garnish with olive oil, smoked paprika and the pumpkin seeds.
- Serve at room temperature or chill in the fridge.
- Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, rice crackers or crudité.