Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 3o minutes
Yield: 5 cups
2 medium garlic cloves
½ medium yellow onion
½ cup + 1 Tbsp finely slivered fresh chives (for garnish)
1 tsp olive oil
1 Tbsp dried thyme
1 small - medium cauliflower head, roughly chopped
5 cups of water
1 tsp salt + to taste
½ tsp ground black pepper + to taste
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Chop garlic, onion and chives to a medium dice. The soup is a puree and size does not matter much, but make sure items are small enough to blend easily later on.
- Sliver 1 Tbsp of chives for garnish. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, heat 1 tsp olive oil and add garlic, onion and chives.
- Sauté for 7 - 10 mins, adding a dash of salt.
- Add dried thyme and stir in.
- Add cauliflower to the mixture and stir in well.
- Sauté together for about 3 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer entire mixture on medium heat.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Allow mixture to simmer for about 15 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
- Blend the entire mixture until pureed with an immersion or standing blender.
- Add lemon juice and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish each serving with a pinch of slivered chives.